LOCATION: Missoula, MT
SUPERVISOR: Branch Manager
Energy Partners (EP) Propane has been serving western Montana for over 20 years. We are proud to be the fastest growing propane company in Montana and a nationally recognized brand. Our staff is knowledgeable, experienced and highly trained with a focus on service excellence. We value our customers and take great pride in offering consistent pricing and reliable service.
EP is seeking a Fireplace Install Service Technician at our Missoula location. The Technician will be responsible for the safe installation, maintenance and repair of propane appliances in accordance with company and industry standards. Additionally, they will work directly with customers to educate them on the safe use of propane and appliances. The technician will represent EP’s core values and maintain a positive relationship with colleagues and customers.
- Drivers must have a high school diploma or equivalent, be at least 21 years of age with a Class B CDL and a clean driving record. Propane experience preferred, but not required.
- Work with honesty, integrity and confidentiality while providing excellent customer service.
- Collaborate and communicate productively with fellow employees and leadership.
- Prioritize and complete tasks in an efficient manner.
- Maintain a professional conduct and appearance at all times.
- Repetitive physical motion and the ability to perform strenuous tasks such as lifting, carrying, pulling and/or pushing weighted items.
- Comfortable working in variable weather conditions and/or hiking through rough terrain while carrying equipment.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment physical screening, drug/alcohol test and background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair EP customer appliances, which include but are not limited to fireplaces, unit heaters, wall heaters and on-demand water heaters.
- Safely install gas piping systems according to the total BTU load.
- Safely assemble corrugated stainless-steel tubing (CSST) systems according to manufacture specifications and clearances.
- Pressurize and leak check completed gas piping systems as per mechanical code and Energy Partners’ policy.
- Prepare for county or city inspections.
- Understand, design and install gas venting systems according to state and local codes.
- Install venting systems according to manufacture specifications.
- Service and clean fireplaces, unit heaters, wall heaters and on-demand water heaters.
- Understand millivolt pilot systems and controls. Ability to trouble shoot and repair.
- Understand low voltage electronic controls. Ability to trouble shoot and repair.
- Repair and replace components of gas burning appliances.
- Educate customers on the proper operation, maintenance and safety of appliances and gas equipment.
- Prepare and submit paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that equipment is kept clean and in good working condition.
- Maintain a proper stock of service parts.
- Perform daily vehicle inspections, reporting any concerns or issues to supervisor.
- Promote EP products and services to customers.
- Ability to make hard decisions, i.e., putting systems out of service for safety reasons.
- Willingness to travel to all seven Energy Partners locations, as needed.
- Competitive pay
- Consistent work schedule (Monday – Friday)
- Safety incentive program
- Employee propane discount
- Company provided uniform
- Paid job training on product installation and maintenance
- Generous 401k match of 6%
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Employer-paid STD, LTD, life and AD&D insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with monthly employer contribution
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and six paid holidays
- Profit sharing
Energy Partners is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
- Until Filled